Monday, October 19, 2009


A little over 1 year ago, I decided to experiment with a "blog" and write a little bit here and there about local basketball. Quite honestly I had no idea how it would be received by the general public. I just went off a gut feeling that the Austin & San Antonio basketball community was grossly underserved when it came to RELIABLE & POSITIVE news and that the many high quality players in the area deserved a voice to get their name out Statewide and on the National scene. I wandered around Austin and San Antonio from school to school asking high school coaches if I could watch practice, evaluate players, take pictures, etc. With the exception of a few dinosaurs, I was given a warm welcome by most everyone.
Some 250 plus stories have been written over the last year and I have enjoyed every minute of it. It has been a joy seeing kids grow up before my eyes and being able to report their successes, giving them publicity along the way. Today I was honored to come to an agreement with ESPNU to handle the sharing of information to their site of all Division One basketball prospects and recruits. I will be reporting as always on which school the kids are considering attending, which college coaches are in town and who they are interested in. They've asked me to provide them with evaluations on new prospects as well as the more established names.
In one year, it's come to this. Last week we had 14 of Austin area's (along with a couple of San Antonio teams) top programs in our Inaugural Texas Super Showcase. It gave me a chance to see many of the area's top guys as they head into the 2009-2010 school season. I interviewed several high school coaches and several of their key players. These videos will be posted soon.

Like most folks with the best of intentions, I sometimes get overwhelmed. There are plans in the works for a class by class ranking of players (both boys and girls) as well as a basketball magazine which will provide info about various high school programs in the Austin-San Antonio area. Player spotlights will be done, with every college in the country receiving a copy of this resource/media guide of the area's big time ballers. There will also be an opportunity to allow parents to purchase an ad/shout out to their son or daughter.
Sincerely
Coach Max Ivany



0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online