Monday, October 25, 2010

On Monday, Chicago Bulls head coach, Tom Thibodeau, announced that veteran Keith Bogans will be the starting shooting guard in the Bulls season opener against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

"He's just been solid," Thibodeau said. "He's a very good defensive player. He spreads the floor, can shoot the 3. He's a tough competitor. He's earned it."

Most people thought that Ronnie Brewer would earn the spot when the Bulls signed him as a free agent, but he was slowed down in the preseason due to a hamstring injury.

"It surprised me too," Bogans said. "I came in, worked hard. No matter if I come off the bench or start, I will play the same way."

Bogans has started in his career before, in fact he started 59 games for the Spurs last season, and he is excited to start for the Bulls .

"I'm going to bring defense and energy first," Bogans said. "I'll take shots when they are there. But I'm probably going to guard the best perimeter player every night. So my main role on this team is defense.

"I think Keith is somebody who understands Thibs' system," Joakim Noah said. "He's played for him before [in Houston], and he's a vet who understands what it takes to win and I enjoy playing with him."

The other starters were also named and include: PG Derrick Rose, SF Luol Deng, PF Taj Gibson, C Joakim Noah.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online