Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brian Scalabrine, reserve power forward for the Bulls, is ready for the season and has high expectations for this young Bulls team.

“I think we have a team this year that could make it to the Finals, he said. “Obviously, Miami and Boston are there. I don't think we're going to sneak up on any teams.

“We're going to be prepared. We have the size and the length to play against Orlando, Boston, Miami. Whether our studs make more plays than their studs at the end of the day will determine who goes back to the Finals."

When he was with the Celtics, Scalabrine played against the Bulls in a seven-game series. He knew the team well, but now after practicing with the squad he believes that they have much more talent then he thought.

“Jo is better than I ever imagined, Scalabrine said. “I'm not saying I didn't think he was good. But his motor is just so unreal and relentless.

“His IQ is high; his feel (for the game) is high. That's amazing to me.

“Then you add a guy like Carlos Boozer to that. At the end of the day, your bigs are the reason why you go to the NBA Finals or win the championships. In the history of the league, besides probably the Bulls with (Michael) Jordan, the two bigs have got to be top-notch defensive guys and top-notch IQ guys."

Another reason that factored Scalabrine's decision to come to the Bulls, was the team's hiring of head coach Tom Thibodeau, his former assistant coach in Boston.

“I've always believed in Tom, Scalabrine said. “I know that he was a big factor in us winning it in '08. It's a good opportunity for me to help him out and maybe get a chance to come out here and play."

As we all know, Scalabrine is a fan favorite for all the teams he played with. Fans cheer when he gets on the floor and Bulls fans, for the first time, chanted his name when the Bulls faced the Raptors.

“Usually, it takes a while for that to build. It started early in Chicago, Scalabrine said Thursday at the Berto Center. “I've never understood why. I guess they feel I'm more of like a common guy, a normal guy. I'm not here because I'm just talented. I worked my tail off to get here."

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online