Monday, October 4, 2010

Bulls, Noah Agree To Extension

On Sunday night the Chicago Bulls agreed in principle to extend center Joakim Noah to a 5 year, $60 million extension.

"I'm pretty happy," Noah said Monday. "It's very exciting. I'm very happy that I'm going to be able to be here for a while. I feel like the Bulls definitely did me right.

"But I promise I'm going to give 150 percent every time I'm out there, and I understand with a lot of money comes a lot of responsibility. I'm excited for the challenge."

"It's always very weird when negotiations are going on," Noah said. "But I understand that there's a CBA going on next year, the collective bargaining agreement, so not a lot of players in my class got contract extensions, and I feel like [the Bulls] definitely did it because they like me and I'm pretty happy about it."

Bulls general manager, Gar Forman, also spoke to the media about the extension and is excited to have the young, energetic center back with the team for another 5 years.

"Joakim is such an integral member of our team, and we are very pleased to have reached an agreement with him," Chicago Bulls general manager Gar Forman said in a statement. "His presence, both on and off of the court, is immeasurable and we look forward to him to continue to improve and develop his game."

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online